Acer Aspire 1654 WLMI hardy any disc space left.

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having problems with my laptop (spec above). I don't appear to have much memory left and cannot see where it is being used, having reviewed the size of files and programs on the hard drive. I have bought a memory stick and transferred some files across to enable me to have enough space just to run the OS. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
A few details might help.
What operating system do you have?
What size hard drive does it have (should be about 100GB)?
How much space is used and how much is showing as Free?
Any partitions on the HD? Does it show as C:/ drive and D:/ drive, if so how much is free on each partition?

If it is partitioned into C: and D: then try moving your data files (My Documents) across to the D: Partition.

Check how much space is being used by System Restore.
You can reduce this size and still have enough restore points for any emergency.

dave

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Thanks Dave. Computer belongs to my daughter. I will get her to post the relevant info.

A friend has an Acer laptop and had the same problem.

The hard drive is partitioned into c and d sections but unless you look at the drive properties you wouldn't know.

She now save her files to the d drive and all is well.

Hope it helps.

John

Sponsored Links
She could just move her My Documents Folder to the D:/ partition.
Check how much space The Documents folder is taking up and also how much space is available on the D:/ partition, remembering that she will want quite a bit of free space for things like pictures and files that she may add later.

How to Move the My Documents Folder

dave

Back