Acer Purpureum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have an Acer which I bought earlier in the year. It is in a big pot and is probably around 2-3 feet high. It appears to not be doing very well at all as the leaves have pretty much all turned brown. The trunk is all in good order so it's not like it's dying completely
Its in partial shade as advised and is fairly well watered but yet it still looks pretty done in.

Is there anything I can do to save it? Does anyone know a good website I can look at?
Thanks
Nafe

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi

Thanks for the replies, have looked at the website given and will give that a try.

When you say pot bound - what does this mean, that its had it or do I need to do something with it quick? Apologies for the lack of knowledge, it's my first house and garden so these are all new things to me :oops:

I know that it is a purpureum as I kept the label but it has limited info on unfortunately...unless I speak German that is!

Thanks
Nafe

can you post a picture of it.
Pot bound refers to the fact that its been in the pot too long and outgrown it. A topping up of the pot with some new compost and a liquid feed will help give it a boost.

it is deciduos by the way, so leaves will fall off it and look ropey this time of year!

don't worry if the trunk/ stems look healthy enough its fine, its just losing its leaves. It will come again in spring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back