aches and pains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I began to feel it on Tuesday, on Wednesday, I struggled to lift my right leg into the car, now it's diminishing. Pain seemed to be in my right hip, I could not locate any muscle pain in any of the muscles. I was fine walking, just struggling due to the pain, to lift or take the weight of my leg, on my hip. On Wednesday, getting in the car, I had to lift the leg at the knee with my arms. What is/was it?

Sponsored Links
Trapped nerve?, Sciatica?, any numbness anywhere in the leg or knee? When mines bad mrs filly has to put my socks on and tie my shoelaces.
As long as I'm working, I can struggle by, it's just an uncomfortable annoyance. On the rare occasions I take a week off or have a long weekend, I suffer.

Sponsored Links
I find it incredibly hard to believe that anyone with a genuine health condition would ask DiyNot for a diagnosis.
I find it incredibly hard to believe that someone would sign up to a DIY forum, make 20+ posts, none of which are in any way related to DIY. Why exactly did you sign up to this particular forum?

I have similar issues and suffer from hip joint pain.

Do you?

It's a little thing called "old age" - it comes to us all.

As others have touched on, could be sciatica or maybe a fecked hip.

It does sound like sciatica or a different nerve pain. If it's in your foot at all, you may find there's a line longitudinally, with pain one side and not the other. Different nerves. Though the pain is coming from your leg with that, there's nothing actually wrong with your leg. It will either extend to one bum cheek, or further to your lower back, depending where the nerve is trapped.
I am apparently "interesting" in that I get bilateral sciatica. I take loads of Gabapentin and Tramadol, which barely touches it. Tramadol and alcohol knocks me out. WIth luck, the worst is over when I come-to. They can't find mine. Even had technetium 99 to make bones show up, or something, in scans. That's what's behind the door of the hospital one marked "Nuclear medicine".

I began to feel it on Tuesday, on Wednesday, I struggled to lift my right leg into the car, now it's diminishing. Pain seemed to be in my right hip, I could not locate any muscle pain in any of the muscles. I was fine walking, just struggling due to the pain, to lift or take the weight of my leg, on my hip. On Wednesday, getting in the car, I had to lift the leg at the knee with my arms. What is/was it?
do you still have the patella knee reflex ? check both knees

Sponsored Links
Back