Back pain

pickles said:
I've done this once or twice, it sounds like a muscle pull. If you slipped a disc you would be in agony and unable to move at all
Not at all , i've had a slipped disc since august it depends on the severity of how much the disc has slipped, my symptoms ranged from extreme pain in august to numb legs in september to fuzzy left leg and now it's just my left foot that's fuzzy.

Sponsored Links
I used to get awful stabbing pains in my kidneys lower back .....
then my doc changed my diabetes tabs...ok :)

+why is it when you go to the sheds they assume if you have a trolley full your trying to hide/steal something......? :) maybe its just my shifty demeanor ..lol

kendor said:
pickles said:
I've done this once or twice, it sounds like a muscle pull. If you slipped a disc you would be in agony and unable to move at all
Not at all , i've had a slipped disc since august it depends on the severity of how much the disc has slipped, my symptoms ranged from extreme pain in august to numb legs in september to fuzzy left leg and now it's just my left foot that's fuzzy.
Oh thanks Kendor! Now you've got me worried. I've pulled my back many times before and it's only taken maybe 2 or 3 days to get right. This feels much much worse though. If there's no improvement by tomorrow I think I might have to go to the docs. Still walking as though I've soiled myself though. :oops:

Sponsored Links
'Slipped' disc will cause different degrees of pain for each person.

It is 'myth' that the disc has actually moved/slipped - if you imagine that our discs are like flat balloons filled with water - if we continually 'squish' one side, it will cause the other side to 'bulge out'. This 'herniated' area then presses against the many nerves that are situated around it - so, for example, if it touches the nerves leading to the leg (e.g. sciatic nerve), you can get pain around the hip, leg or the 'fuzziness' suggested by pickles. If the herniated disc has not protruded so far it may cause very little pain or discomfort. These are not so common as thought and it might just be that an area of your back has become inflamed (part of the healing process). I would suggest you take anti-inflammitories (i.e. Brufen)

The main thing is NOT to place this part of the back in any more stretching or twisting positions until it has had time to 'heal'. Although, saying that, it is important to continue 'moving' as the days of 'lying on a stiff board' are well and truely gone :)

I can guarantee you that if you do the conditioning exercises I mentioned earlier in the post, it will ease the pain and assist the fastest recovery :)

herniated-disc.jpg

A herniated disc, yesterday :LOL:

Back