Injury lawyers etc

I'll try and keep it simple.
2 scenarios.
1) You trip, slip, fall at work and break a leg. You employ a solicitor, take out 2nd mortgage to cover costs. After 5+ years of debate, medicals and court hearings you get a payout of £65k. Settle bills for barrister, doctors etc.
2) You trip, slip, fall at work and break a leg. You employ "injuriesrus4you".They have chat with you, promise a quick settlement and bounce a few figures off you. Then they go to persons liable for settling your claim.
"if we go all the way it'll cost you 65k +costs. Our client will accept 17.5k we want 25% of the potential saving (12k appx)"
1 month you have 17.5k in bank, employer has saved 35k + costs.
That folks is basically how it works.

Sponsored Links
Looking at some of the posts here, an interesting point is raised... at what point does liability end and bad luck begin? :confused:

Person B didn't mean to injure Person A, so is it fair that he is out of a job/sued for every penny, ends up topping himself and his kids grow up without a father? (taking it to an extreme conclusion!)

However, is it reasonable to expect Person A to shoulder the burden from Person B's poorly-judged prank? Especially if it results in considerable reduction in quality of life and potentially economic wealth (in terms of costs to hire tradesmen to finish his DIY)?

All the while, the Employer is shouldering the costs of Person A being off work because of Person B's prank. And potentially dealing with the fall-out of HSE reports and injury claims etc simply because it was during working hours, in their offices.

If it was a Microsoft-sized company, it might be a drop in the ocean. But, if you've got a 4-man staff, that could seriously ruin your business. :confused:

I particularly hate the advert that goes like this,,,

"I was installing a fire alarm..., My employers gave me the wrong sort of ladder..... I dislocated my right shoulder, crushed my ribs and was off work for weeks etc etc"

Why did he use the wrong ladder then?
One point that's wrong on the advert is the fact that he's up the ladder without anyone or anything footing the ladder. He himself has broken several H&S rules.

As an apprentice, I used a ladder provided for me by my boss to carry a mod flu up and install it. 2 rivets gave way and me and the mod crashed to the ground, dislocating a shoulder.

My payout was restricted because I should have inspected the ladder and refused to use it if found to be damaged.

My payout was restricted because I should have inspected the ladder and refused to use it if found to be damaged.
But had you been provided with appropriate training and testing equipment for inspecting the ladder?

Sponsored Links
Person A is doing his job one day, when his colleague, Person B, does something stupid that results in injury to Person A. For example, he pulls his chair out whilst he's sitting down, or sticks his foot out to trip him up, and Person A ends up with a back injury.

literally this is simpley criminal assault.

The boxes were done up with plastic strapping which often gets left on the floor.... self imposed accidents.

Wotan
That is the all too common result of the "don`t give a toss" culture. Like they let kiddies loose on "farms" ...they should let them see a sheep mauled by a dog ...and a silly cow choked by some plastic strapping left lying around..let alone the injured wildlife. :evil:

Back