Acid baths to strip to wooden doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am pleased to say that I have 4 solid wood doors but the folk who lived here before have painted them several times it seems.

I'd like to get them stripped down to bare wood so that I can primer them and paint them to get a quality finish and look.

I've Googled the process though and some threads seem to suggest that acid baths do not actually get the doors back to their bare wood. Is there any truth in this? Is there any point me taking them for an acid bath? If not, what is the realistic alternative - Nitromours and a sander?

If acid baths do work as I originally thought, does anyone know anywhere in or around Derby, Derbyshire (UK) that does it? If so, what is the approx cost?

Many thanks

Ted

Sponsored Links
dont have them dipped the glue in the joints is weakend and you doors can fall apart
have them stripped

Stripping tanks usually contain alkali not acid, caustic soda is the normal dipping medium.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Try these Gizmo. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Bettastrip
Unit 2 Robinsons Industrial Estate, Shaftesbury Street
Derby
DE23 8NL

Tel 01332 291244

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back