ACL Lifestyle Mid-position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, my first post on here.

I have a problem with the central heating/ hot water.

It dosn't matter if i have hot water or central heating selected, both come on together.

After doing lots of searching on this forum i reckon i have it narrowed down to the mid-position valve, which is an ACL Lifestyle 679H340-30L0. The lever at the bottom dosn't move and in trying to make it move it ,erm, kind of snapped off :oops:

I had hoped that i could just change the motor part of it but on reading another post on here this is one of the older models that you can't do it to.

I have done a little bit of browsing and i have found quite a few sites where i can get the whole valve from for about £55-£60.

With Christmas coming we don't have too much spare money, so will i be able to put off changing the valve until after christmas?

We only run the heating for a couple of hours in the morning and perhaps four hours in the evening and normally the hot water would only be on for two hours each in the morning and evening.

Does it really matter that i am having the hot water/central heating on together for a longer period?

The valves i have found now seem to be from ACL Drayton, i am assuming that these will be a direct replacement and that i just have to remove the old valve and put the new in its place.

Many thanks for bearing with me,

Nick

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the spindle of the valve is probably siezed rock solid and will need the complete valve replacing. If its stuck in mis position though it wont do any harm over the winter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back