Acoustic door for home office

• Thread starter BuildingNovice
  • Start date
B

BuildingNovice

I need to source a new door in an extension being built - ideally I would like one with acoustic properties to minimise noise entering (or leaving) home office.

Does anyone know of any good suppliers of acoustic doors for domestic purposes - most I've seen seem to be for industrial/commercial office scenarios with prices to suit.

Sponsored Links
If the doorway will be through the old exterior wall, there should be plenty of depth for 2 ordinary doors with at least 100mm gap between them. These might be simpler, cheaper and more sympathetic and flexible than a single door with acoustic seals. For instance, you could have one glazed and the other opaque so you can choose your privacy/isolation. You could use a raised threshold/jamb to seal the bottom of the doors. Anyway, just a thought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back