Soundproofing A Brick Party Wall-Best Method?

Sponsored Links
just for the record i used M20 panels on my bedroom, with 2 layers of acoustiboard plasterboard. The difference is incredible and the loss of space minimal (6 cm)

Cannot find any other recent post regarding the M20 acoustic panels, so excuse resurrecting this old thread.

Smuudge sounds happy with his installation, wonder if he is still of the same opinion and also if his "acoustiboard plasterboard" is todays typical acoustic plasterboard like Gyproc SoundBloc or something different ?

Has and anyone else since used these M20 acoustic panels and can share their views on them ?

thanks

We have soundproofed the two alcoves in the front room and bedroom (these rooms on floorboards), and the kitchen which has a concrete floor. Just the back bedroom to go. This is a 1930s semi with a brick party wall that allows lots of noise through. Fortunately our joists run front to back, not side to side, so do not touch the party wall.

Very successful - it has deadened the loud voices and arguments of our neighbours (I think one is partially deaf or used to being around partially deaf people as her normal speaking voice is a bellow). Also TV sound although that wasn't a huge problem. The 3-year old's screams/tantrums still penetrate but hopefully he'll grow out of this and the soundproofing will work when he's old enough to play the drums or loud music...

We put up a batten framework, secured to the floor and ceiling and not touching the side walls. Then rockwool sound insulation, then two layers of Knauf accoustic plasterboard (first layer on resili bars). All perimeters and joins sealed with accoustic sealant.

Before we were only too aware of our neighbours' existence - now we can hear muffled sounds ie enough to know that they are in or not, but it is not intrusive or distressing any longer since we don't hear their rows or them shouting at their child. (wish they'd watch a parenting TV show!).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back