ADBLUE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all , i have to put adblue in my range rover evoque , you screw the bottle to the chamber and push the bottle bottom to get the liquid in , but for the life of me i cant see how you know what amount is in there so if you go to put another bottle in you might end up with some in the bottle which when you unscrew could go over your engine i guess unless i am missing something .
Cheers Howy .

Sponsored Links
The dispensing bottle - Halfords style - only allows the solution in if there's space for it, so spillage really doesn't occur as the bottle seals when you lift it out.
Personally I use a funnel to top mine up.....so long as you don't spill the stuff there's no problem with that - if you do then wash the area with water.
Tip - Adblue typically lasts 18 months so best not to store it in bulk - and if you see the solution turning dark in the tank then there's no issue with that either.
John :)

Thanks John , glad you said about the lifetime as a mate just found some cheap and i might have had a tendancy to bulk buy .
I am more knowledgable re this .
Howy .

No worries mate - my own car, 65 plate Yeti, euro 6 2 litre diesel - seems to be using about 1 litre of Adblue per 1000 miles......but I've no idea how much of the solution was in the tank to start with, and the salesman didn't even know it had one :rolleyes:
If the car gets critically low on Adblue, the engine won't stop - it just won't start up again :eek:

Sponsored Links
I have a service plan at the moment thankfully as it seems to need adblue quite regulaly as they say its down to the way you drive ! i am not sure if i am likeing this adblue lark especially when i have to start paying , just to confirm john you say i can fill via a funnel which sounds better , so you dont have to screw the bottle as it shows you to the top up tank , i thought this was the layed out way for whatever reason but funnel is better as you can see whats what .
Thanks again Howy .

Yes a sporting driving style will drink up adblue its in relation to amount of diesel consumed,if your adblue filler is in a convenient position then a funnel will be ok.

Also have a new yeti and the filler is recessed under the boot floor and to prevent spillage (its corrosive :idea:) i use the shop supplied bottles with the 2 seal anti drip spout.

A dashboard warning will appear to warn when adblue is getting low.
20160924_083651.jpg

Around town driving also consumes the Adblue with relish - there's no escaping it, and the exhaust temperature has to be above a certain level before it is injected. I can't see how diesels will continue without it, personally - hopefully it will prevent the Diesel engines demise! Goodness knows what Euro 7 has in store for us :eek:
P.S Old&Bold, the Yeti scored 2nd out of 75 in the JD power survey for owner satisfaction, with the Superb being no.1. I have found a potential issue with painting ( and possible rust) on the door corners though.
J.

the Yeti scored 2nd out of 75 in the JD power survey for owner satisfaction, with the Superb being no.1. I have found a potential issue with painting ( and possible rust) on the door corners though.
Yes the paint in those areas has been an issue for a while and is known to skoda and they fix it under warranty,traded in a top of the range 3 year superb for the yeti.

Very impressed with the yeti,

I've found the paint is very thin - or even less than that - on the bottom corner of the doors. Mine (white) has shown a possible issue so Ive added a blob of touch up paint right on the edge.....a 63 plate car I service is rather worse and the owner is heading for Skoda soon.
Problems with mine - a steering wheel info module and a rear wiper motor - both known faults.
If I had a complaint I'd say the front brakes need to be better.

The paint could be better in places but overall very impressed with the car 65 2l 150 dsg 4x4 se business ,not going to keep it long thou.

I px my cars at around 30 months and will buy another ex skoda management fleet car upto 3 months old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is off to the Dordogne via Santander on Monday......looking forward to the drive!
It's averaging around 50 MPG according to the computer, so happy enough with that. It's a 4x4, manual 6 speed.

Around town driving also consumes the Adblue with relish - there's no escaping it, and the exhaust temperature has to be above a certain level before it is injected. I can't see how diesels will continue without it, personally - hopefully it will prevent the Diesel engines demise! Goodness knows what Euro 7 has in store for us :eek:

We've got Euro 6b to get through first, before we worry about Euro 7! The biggest chainge is going to come in the next 2 years though. The "Real Driving Emissions" test (where they have to go out on a real road and be able to reproduce (give-or-take a "conformity factor") their "lab" emissions test results), will MASSIVELY increase AdBlue consumption! I think most VAG cars are sized to try and make AdBlue last between services (so about 18,000 miles) but I never got more than about 16,000 out of any of my Sharans before they started asking for some more. The Sharan has a 17 litre tank. I think most cars are in the 15-20 litre range. Industry insiders seem to be suggesting to me that consumption will more or less double in the next few years. However, hopefully petrol stations will start installing AdBlue pumps in the next few years, so you don't have to mess about with bottles and funnels.

...unless the manufacturer has put the filler neck in a stupid, inaccessible place like on the Sharan....

And some cars, (my Missus ex-Mazda 3) had the tank hidden away and could alegedly only be topped up at a garage because the ECU also needed to be told the talk was now re-filled. It's all hidden away and doesn't seem to be user servicable, shame.

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Back