Adding 1 extra light to bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having bought and fitted two sets of 4 Tilt LED Recessed Downlights from wickes, in the bathroom, the wife has decided she wants a 9th light :evil:
The set of 4 comes with a transformer and all the wires for 4 lights, can I just add another light to it? or should I buy another transformer and just use one light on it?

Sponsored Links
Having bought and fitted two sets of 4 Tilt LED Recessed Downlights from wickes, in the bathroom, the wife has decided she wants a 9th light :evil:
The set of 4 comes with a transformer and all the wires for 4 lights, can I just add another light to it? or should I buy another transformer and just use one light on it?
At £100 plus for Part P that seems an expensive whim! The so called transformer is often not a transformer but an inverter which has both a maximum and minimum wattage so you would need to check on the device as to it's ratting. Likely you would need an extra transformer/inverter.
Unless you live on a narrow boat or other non building type of home then the tax imposed to work as DIY in a bathroom make it a non DIY job.

Sponsored Links
The so called transformer is often not a transformer but an inverter which has both a maximum and minimum wattage so you would need to check on the device as to it's ratting.

And if it is a transformer, you don't want to overload it even slightly. I once replaced a single 12V 25W halogen with a 35W halogen (other 3 were still 25W) in a set of 4 from Ikea. I did not exceed the VA rating of the transformer, but was a silly mistake and lasted a day before the transformer overheated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back