Adding 2 radiators to existing system for loft.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently in the process of having a loft conversion, in a bungalow. I want to put 2 medium sized rads in there. My boiler is a Baxi 105e instant. - This is in the kitchen.
Will it be ok to tap into an existing rad on the 15mm flow/returns then up to the loft or would it be better to come off the 22mm circuits to go up to the loft, then reduce to 15mm for the new rads.

The only prob with the 22mm lines is that they are all under the floors, which are chipboard, then laminate floors. The only ones I could "T" off are where they exit the Boiler. But space is very limited. :?:

Sponsored Links
You should be able to run up to 15000 btus off 15 mm pipe feeds.
I have had my bungalow converted and done the plumbing the same with no problems. :)
If the pros think you should come off the 22 mm then best to go with them though ;)

BAHCO said:
You should be able to run up to 15000 btus off 15 mm pipe feeds.
I have had my bungalow converted and done the plumbing the same with no problems. :)
If the pros think you should come off the 22 mm then best to go with them though ;)

:D So you came off an existing rad line up to your loft. With 15mm flow and returns. :D

Yes :)
Had no balancing problems either, but they were around 4000 btus each.
If you plan to fit larger rads you will have to break into the 22 mm f&r.
You should have really planned your pipe runs before conversion though ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi Bahco, Conversion only just started anyway. If I can "T" into the 22mm flow and returns coming out of the boiler or under the floor do you think this will be ok.
Do I put in 22/22/15 Tees at the boiler or run new 22mm from boiler up to the loft space then reduce to 15 to supply the rads. :?: :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back