Adding a drain cock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am about to make some modifications to my heating and water system and I plan to add two draincocks - one for my heating and one for my cold water.

(inherited heating set-up currently has one in the most awkward place possible so I plan to insert another in a part of the system - that just happens to be isolatable - and is far easier to reach. It's the lowest point in the system too)

Question is - hot do I add them! I'm going to use JG speedfit and one each of these .

Do I need an equal T - with one of these sticking out, or is there some other wizardry?

Cheers

Whitling2k

Sponsored Links
Thanks

I did see these - but after a few bad experiences with drain cock valves - I think I would prefer them to be *below* the carpet level. Mrs Whitling2k would never forgive me if it dripped even blob of rusty water on the floor!!

Ta

Whitling2k

If you don't want to solder, use a standard brass 15mm comression tee and put a normal drain cock into one of the tee's branches. Make sure you use a type A cock, the Bs leak.

A few quid cheaper and less bulky than Speedfit.

Sponsored Links
Plumb it correctly and through the wall to outside if you are going to all that hassle

All drain cocks should be put to the outside of a building in my humble opinion

we've got a huge sub-floor space - accessible from the under the stair cupboard.

I am planning on taking my central heating down to there - then it's a case of rubber pipe to/through the air brick if I ever need to drain it fully. (unless I have enough pipe left over in which case it will be run through the air brick)

The cold water will be going outside already...

This is if I can figure out how to mount the darn things ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back