adding a thermostat to central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

we've had central heating our house for ages, with a worcester 240 combi boiler, but its never had a thermostat to control the temperature. but now we've having a baby in a couple of months, so could do with maintaining a constant temperature, so i was wondering if its possible to add a thermostat to this boiler? i've been to our local b&q but where they sell them, but i'm not sure if the ones they sell are compatable with my boiler and when i asked the space cadet that worked there he just stared at me with a blank expression.

thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Just about any old stat goes on these boilers. To diy it safely, you need to be able to read a wiring diagram, and know exactly how to use a multimeter as a minimum.
If you can do that, the boiler manual and stat manual will tell you all you need to know.
Don't buy Sunvic or Horstman.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back