adding a unwired switch to create a 2way system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a house with a hall light switch by the front door only there is no switch at the far end of the hall to switch the light off when you go into the kitchen.

There is however a switch that I am sure should have been used as part of a two way system that turns the kitchen light on from outside the door (2' from the on inside the kitchen)

Running the necessary wires is not practical. So I had another thought.

Can you get a standard switch face plate with a transmitter embedded (that I will install next to the kitchen door) that will send a signal to another switchplate sited by the front door so that I can walk into the house, switch on the hall light, walk to the end of the hall switch off the light and go into the kitchen and the same in reverse.

Otherwise I have the choice of leaving the light off and tripping over things or going to the kitchen, propping the door open, going back to the front door turning the light off and stumbling back by the light from the kitchen (its not that bad the hall is only 16' long but it is a pain.

Thanks for any suggestions

Andy

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Why is running the nessacary wiring not practical?

It is by far the best soloution, and probably the easiest and cheapest too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back