Adding a Valve to Existing Pipework

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Here in Hungary they don't have valves with compression ends, only pipe thread ends. I have bought a 1" valve that I want to put in an existing run of 28mm copper pipework. The valve has 1" BSP female ends so I have bought adapters that are 1" BSP male to 28 mm end feed solder female. I don't know how to go about this job, should I screw the adapters to the valve then solder it in? Will the heat destroy the PTFE tape? If I solder the adapters to the pipework I will be unable to then screw them to the valve. Should I make 2 additional cuts in the pipework and add couplings either side of the valve so that the section of pipe with the adapter on can be rotated? :confused:

Sponsored Links
In the absence of your using a compression fitting in the first place (presumably you couldn't find one), the obvious solution would be to cut the 28mm nearby and use a straight compression.

How about a long screw? Not that I'm offering, I'm not like that.
LTC4G.jpg

Sponsored Links
There are no compression or even Yorkshire fittings available here, only end feed. I think most plumbers still use iron pipe, copper is considered a bit exotic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back