Hot Water Cylinder 22/28mm Compression Fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone assist please - The new cylinder has 22mm connectors for the top and coil flow and return. The current pipework is 28mm. Ideally I require a Compression Adapting Female connector that will screw into the tank on 22mm and adapt to 28mm to take the pipework.
I cant seem to find this - unless its referred to a 22 x 1" ??
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you sure they’re 22mm? Are they bsp or compression?

As The Novice says, it may be a screw-in tapered BSP thread. post some photos to be sure. They are a fitting that benefits from PTFE tape on the threads.

BSP threads are named in fractions of an inch that are surprisingly not the same as they measure, because the name is based on the internal diameter of an old iron pipe with the thread on the outside.

Sponsored Links
What kind of system do you have? Is it fully pumped? If it's gravity hot water then it sounds like you have the wrong cylinder, and it won't work on your system (IE it won't get hot)

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thank you all. Its a vented indirect system primary pumped - identical spec to whats been replaced.
JohnD - its confusing but your explanation makes sense of the confusion. Ive removed the nuts off a 22mm compression joint and it screws on perfectly so I can only assume 22mm is right.

If I could I would - they are practically welded on and won’t budge. Got around it in the end thankfully all up and running

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back