Adding extra receiver to a smaller compressor (air)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a very noisy 50 litre compressor at work
It's in a workshop and helluva noisy -especially as someone is doing some spraying at the moment. I don't know the duty cycle but I doubt it is huge.

How sensible is it to buy a second receiver and relocate the compressor into a more remote spot? I was thinking of a weatherproof enclosure just outside the workshop? I realise that silent isn't really an option but we don't have a lot of cash for a way bigger unit so the plan would be to get more storage when the noise would be less annoying. Even on a timer?

We have an enclosed courtyard with a plastic roof that is pretty dry so an ideal location to shove the noisy motor even if temporary. We might move so trying to reduce costs but we do need to meet H&S rules.

Sponsored Links
I can't see any real problems with this one - in fact I have done a similar thing when I needed compressed air to go mobile.
In my case I used a 47kg propane bottle with an appropriate 'pigtail' connection into the valve.....I could close the valve once it was full, shove it in the van or leave it open if I needed more air volume.
I'd recommend the flexible plastic air connection pipework to avoid any possible vibration fractures.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back