Awful CH trouble.

So solicitors has to therefore be the path, to me this seems the only route, but im happy for any other ideas.
You have no contract with Vaillant, you have a contract with the company that set up the freebie Gov grant, who in turn have a contract with the installer, the installer has already offered to remove the complete system and return to origional, so a solicitor cant do anything except waste your money

Sponsored Links
bc the temp invariably reaches 3.5* c overnight only, it means it can never be replicated for an engineer here during the day.
If it were me I'd pack ice around the temperature sensor somehow, to get the temp down to the critical value for testing.

If it were me I'd pack ice around the temperature sensor somehow, to get the temp down to the critical value for testing.
That's a very good idea. But I dont need really to give this chap today any more evidence, him being the same guy i played my ipad clip to a month ago.. he could tell immediately it was the pump making the noise, plus agreed annoying & would be intrusive esp at 3 am. But couldn't tell me what it was doing tho, just "it shouldn't do that".

You have no contract with Vaillant, you have a contract with the company that set up the freebie Gov grant, who in turn have a contract with the installer, the installer has already offered to remove the complete system and return to origional, so a solicitor cant do anything except waste your money

No but I have a 5 year guarantee with them. If they deemed it a fault, & sent boards out to fit, my contract with the installers is neither here nor there. Especially meaningless if they refuse to cooperate, when i informed them of the issue many times 1st as i was told to, by them, should i have a prob.

If the installer Co refuse to cooperate, refuse communication to fix it, then as a customer there should be things in place for me, I do not have to accept the only way forward is removing it & putting back as it was if i had no CH at all before and a rotten immersion tank. You seem to be suggesting this ' offer ' is decent of my installers when it is complete opposite. If its not citizens advice, solicitors in your opinion, or trading standards then maybe you could offer an idea how I get this fixed, as this is simply what Im asking-?

Sponsored Links
Ok noone on my side much I sense. Thankfully noone stuck up for Vaillant tho Im sure will start to happen if I continue.

I might try some diy fix in meantime before c.a.b then Trading Standards, solicitors (if they deem it suitable) but no point asking how with so few replies now.

Alec thanks for your suggestions, the Trading Standards idea useful too whoever said this, meldrewsmate thx too.. tho incredibly frustrating why you couldn't continue helping: Im left high & dry when I was enthused for 1st time on this, having thought you were going to go on offering help as it seemed you had an idea.. but Ive misunderstood badly, or something I don't know. I'm too spent/ its defeated me.

So over & out.

vaillant were at your house today so hardly washing their hands of you, you have no contract whatsoever with vaillant you bought nothing from them there are bodies thst do have a contract with Vaillant but not you

At the moment you have a hypothesis that the issue is some sort of frost detection. You have not yet proved this hypothesis.
You originally said this noise started at 2am and stopped at 6am.
First experiment- change the system timer- advance it by 4 hours. Observe whether the noise still starts at 2am or starts at 6am.
Second experiment.
Acquire an indoor/outdoor thermometer (Aldi, £10). Place the outdoor detector near the outside unit.
Check that the only external components (sensors etc) are all in one location. If they are, acquire an electric fan heater and a long cable, lash up some rainproofing and point the fan heater at the external unit, about a metre away from it. Arrange it so you can switch fan heater on/off from inside the house.
When the pump racket starts, record the time and the outside temperature. Turn on the fan heater, observe and tecord time, the outside temperature and the racket status.
Experiment 3
Kit as above.
Turn the fan heater on at midnight (ie before the racket starts). Observe and record time, outside temp and racket status

In both above experiments, if outside temp doesn't rise when fan heater is on, move fan heater a bit closer to unit.

Random question. Do you have Evonomy 7 or any similar dual feed electricity supply? Do you ever observe occasional lights burning brighter/dimmer for a few seconds?

Do you concur with meldrewsmate, that it must/ is hugely likely therefore to be a frost protection mode i am experiencing overnight?

I suggest that the overnight temperatures are improving to such an extent that frost protection can be confirmed or eliminated by the presence or absence or symptoms from now (22nd March) onwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back