Adding lighting to existing 2 way circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am demolishing the wall between two rooms, one with a two way controlled light, one with an ordinary one way switch. Is it possible to bring the two together so they both operate under the control of the two way switch. (SUPPLEMENTARY INFO I only have access to the switches as the rooms above have laminate/tile floors and I am not planning to renew the ceiling. There is just one point however where I can bring the existing switch cables, from the main two way and the one way, together and want to know if it will be possible to put in a junction box here and a new cable to the position of a new master switch)
Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
I am demolishing the wall between two rooms, one with a two way controlled light, one with an ordinary one way switch. Is it possible to bring the two together so they both operate under the control of the two way switch. (SUPPLEMENTARY INFO I only have access to the switches as the rooms above have laminate/tile floors and I am not planning to renew the ceiling. There is just one point however where I can bring the existing switch cables, from the main two way and the one way, together and want to know if it will be possible to put in a junction box here and a new cable to the position of a new master switch)
Many Thanks

I am demolishing the wall between two rooms, one with a two way controlled light, one with an ordinary one way switch. Is it possible to bring the two together so they both operate under the control of the two way switch. (SUPPLEMENTARY INFO I only have access to the switches as the rooms above have laminate/tile floors and I am not planning to renew the ceiling. There is just one point however where I can bring the existing switch cables, from the main two way and the one way, together and hope it will be possible to put in a junction box and a new cable to the position of the new master switch)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back