Adding neutral and moving switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just looking for confirmation that this will be okay. Light switches no neutrals and just live and switched live as photo 78A42B3A-C335-4662-BD7B-4B0C3D549403.jpeg so was going to drop a neutral but thought I may as well move the switch while I’m at it. So plan is catch existing cable to switch in attic above ceiling, connect into junction box in attic get a neutral from a down light in the same room to the junction box then drop a 3+e down to new switch. Any problems with this ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Don't use a junction box. Run a 3 core plus earth from the ceiling rose to the switch. Less connections and a short length of cable is cheaper than a junction box.

Sponsored Links
Don't use a junction box. Run a 3 core plus earth from the ceiling rose to the switch. Less connections and a short length of cable is cheaper than a junction box.
Maybe he does not have a ceiling rose,
But I agree run the 3 core to where the supply cable meets the first Downlight on the circuit, single neutrals running round the loft unnecessary are not ideal if can be avoided.

This is much better solution if there is an existing rose or junction box than adding more boxes and 'odd' wires.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back