Adding Sand to Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

The walls in my kitchen are not very good, (old house, had every room re plastered but the kitchen walls had this crazy artex type of thing on it) my plasterer said it would cover ok but I am not happy with the finish (long story - cannot get the plasterer back) so what I was thinking of doing is adding an amount of sand to a large tin of emulsion (blue if that makes a difference) and was hoping the end result would look proffessional and different, kind of textured. I believe there are paints you can get with texture but none in the colour I want - what do you guys think? Any answers appreciated.

Vicky

Sponsored Links
I wouldnt do it either Vicky..you'l bugga the walls for life, they will always be rough and you wont be able to paper over them either because the paint probably wont stick to that sort of suface.

There is a paint out there, crown make it...if your really determined to have that effect but cant find the colour them paint it with the crown stuff, then paint over it with a different colour.

Hvae you considered adding 'texture' by the use of colour and a colour effect such as colour washing instead?

Sponsored Links
Good idea Zampa, could paint in the textured emulsion then over paint in the colour I wanted - hadnt thought of that! Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back