Adding sockets and lights to a new extension

It really is not a trick question.

The OP came here asking for advice, and one bit he got was from me, concerning finding out what his Building Control department are expecting.

Do you agree with that advice, or not?

Sponsored Links
I've given my input in the post directly after yours, the op can make their own mind up on the quality and tone of the information from each of us.

I'm sure they can.

The OP came here asking for advice, and one bit he got was from me, concerning finding out what his Building Control department are expecting.

Do you agree with that advice, or not?

Anyway - Dan:

BC know about your extension, so finding out what they wanted done about the electrics after you've done something different might not go well. Asking them now is not going to make them change from whatever their current position is, but it does remove any risk of you doing something they won't accept. Maybe they will be as relaxed as John D's council were, and maybe they won't, but asking is the only way you'll find out.

But as John D says - you can make up your own mind about whether he and JohnW2 are the ones playing games here - I'm sorry you've had all this nonsense, but I'm afraid they are childish, and personal motivation leads them to mess around like this.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice,
You are right...it definitely won’t hurt to ask BC first rather than do something he won’t sign off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back