Adding to this soil pipe

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

My MIL has asked me to fit services for a washing machine. This is behind the service panel in her flat. You can see the boss for the kitchen sink on the left - I think it might be solvent welded on? What is the fitting on the right hand side - is it an access panel? Can I attach a strap boss here?

It would be convenient to go directly into this soil pipe as the 40mm goes behind a corner kitchen unit so would involve cutting a lot of holes!

Thanks in advance

DSC_0024 (2) - Copy.JPG

Sponsored Links
You could fit a strap boss either above or below that access, if above it would need to be into the gap just above sink boss.

Thanks. It's not like domestic soil pipe that I've seen before. Look at the boss for the kitchen waste - no fitting. Is it welded on?

In a previous house the inspection /rodding point was 2" female so I used a reducer and went straight into it. I was wondering if I could do something similar here.

If you’re unsure, are you not just able to plumb into a washing machine trap?

Sponsored Links
Eh? I want to fit a WM trap. The question is how best to get it into the stack.

Sorry if I've misinterpreted.

Cant see the kitchen waste boss properly, it could be a solvent weld boss or a McAlpine BOSSCONN 110

Looks very much like a Terrain solvent welded stack, their style of fittings were peculiar to Terrain, but I always think gave a neater finish.

You cant do anything with the access point, leave well alone. Only options are either to fit a new strap boss above or below the access door, or couple into the existing sink waste.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back