Adding wall sockets -pattress size

Hard to answer without knowing what you mean by "set them up", and what, if anything, you want the electrician to do about issuing a certificate.

Sponsored Links
Sorry for vagueness.

I plan to fit patresses. Wire up the sockets so they connect to each other without connecting to to the existing ring. I won't screw in the front plates. I hoped that when an electrician came in he could do the final bits of checking what ive done and connecting the existing sockets to the new ones I've installed. Leaving me to screw in front plates.

I hope that makes a bit more sense. Quite tricky explaining.

Just to check am in permitted to do this myself without a certificate?

Cheers

I had a lot of hassle with 25mm boxes whilst fitting MK Logic double sockets. The cables were fed in from the bottom. If they were coming from the top I reckon it would have been a lot easier, as the rear of the socket seemed to foul the incoming cables through the bottom corner grommets.

Taking out another 10mm shouldn't be too difficult (depending on the material density), so I would do it!

Wall thickness permitting, it's not possible to have a box which is too deep, only too shallow.

Sponsored Links
Hi all.

Got it done..had a friend come over and help whose done this sort of thing before. Used 25mm patresses and they were deep enough. Thanks for all the advise.

Next job....moving twould existing celling lights. .....not sure how complicated that is!! Do I accept my limitations or can this be done myself?

Cheers

Next job....moving twould existing celling lights. .....not sure how complicated that is!!
Complicated enough for there to be a good chance of it all going t***-up if you don't know how it works.

Do I accept my limitations or can this be done myself?
Perfectly do-able, but, particularly with lighting, I can't overstate how important it is that you know how lighting circuits work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back