Convert metal pattress to dry lining box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure I've seen 'wings' which can be added to a metal Pattress to be able to fit it into a dry lined wall. Kinda thought it was at QVS but don't see it there. Then maybe Toolstation, but not there either.

Mate has a [double] socket pushed out of a dividing wall and on inspection, it's the [single] socket behind's pattress pushing it through. Both measure 35mm depth and 1 has to give. [both dry lining boxes]

I was planning on swapping out 1 of them with a 25mm metal pattress with those 'wings' to be able to fit it in the wall.

I've seen metal dry lining pattresses intended for fire alarm circuits etc - but all I have seen are still 35mm deep or more.

He's suggested that I cut away the back of the double pattress to allow the single to recess into it - but I have no intention of breaking up the box's integrity like that unless it's considered to be 'safe'

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Ooh! When I say pattress - some folks call them dry lining back boxes...

Sponsored Links
you could screw two battens behind the PB either side of the box and screw into that through the side of the pattress (drilling a few holes?) There would be a little patching to do with the wall finish tho.

(or that heh, beat me to it)

Sponsored Links
Thanks!

I may have to do this as there's no TLC near me.
He can get his paint brush out.

you could screw two battens behind the PB either side of the box and screw into that through the side of the pattress (drilling a few holes?) There would be a little patching to do with the wall finish tho.

(or that heh, beat me to it)

I'm sure they'll post them to you if you ask nicely - they're only 'ickle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back