Adding zone valve in straight piece of pipe???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to add a zone valve (22mm) to a straight bit of 15mm pipe that's about 1m long.

I'm using a one piece reducing set.

Question.... How on earth am I going to put the zone valve in the middle when I cut out a section of pipe? There is very little movement in the pipes?

Even if I was using 22mm pipe, I can't see how it can be done, unless the pipe doesn't need to enter (until it can't go any further) into the valve?

Thanks

Stuart

Sponsored Links
Most professional would use a 22/15 fitting reducer.

Either use a 15 mm slip coupler or in many cases there is enough end float on valves to allow the required movement.

Tony

I'm using a reducer but am worried once I cut the pipe I won't be able to pull the pipes wide enough apart to fit the valve in.....

Check the end float on the valve.
But if not enough use the slip coupler.

Sponsored Links
I'm using a reducer but am worried once I cut the pipe I won't be able to pull the pipes wide enough apart to fit the valve in.....
Assuming you're using compression fittings, get a compression slip coupling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back