Additional kitchen outlets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My nephew needs some additional outlets in his kitchen. He only has two on the ring main. He also has an unused cooker outlet fed directly from the fuse box. I can either run a fused spur from one of the outlets to give him an additional three double outlets, or run three double outlets from the cooker panel. If I did this, I would downgrade the fuse in the fuse box.

Which way is best?

Sponsored Links
best would be to open the ring and insert the extra sockets into it rather than adding that many on a spur. Some chance in a kitchen that you might blow the 13A fuse on a spur.

Do you reckon there is any chance you will need the cooker cable again for a cooker? If you do then you need to think about how you would replace it if you have turned it into a radial supply for kitchen sockets. If not then it is one way to provide extra supply dedicated to your kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back