ADE Accenta G4 Alarm Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Last night we had a power cut and wasnt sure if my alarm was doing what it was supposed to and after a bit of googleing found it could be my battery needing replacement. The unit was installed prior to us moving in but will be about 2 years old.

So the power went out in the street and the external bell sounded on my alarm for 15-20 minutes and then stopped. I was unable to silience during this time as the keypad was dead. This is the keypad I have if it helps:

Google sugests model number is 8EP416

28mfvrl.jpg

This is the actual main box I have on the wall too:

10xvv9f.jpg

When the power came back on both internal and external bells sounded so as the keypad now have power I entered the code and it reset and has been fine since.

When the power was out I could still see a red light on the external bell unit so they did still have power of some sort.

Im not sure if this is what it should do but seems a bit daft that the alarm sounds in and out on power up again and at 1:30am this morning wasnt that great!

Sponsored Links
Faulty battery or blown battery fuse , replace battery , pull mains fuse to check

Thanks mate,

So am I right in thinking on a power cut the alarm will sound but I should be able to silence this through the keypad which should be live from the battery?

Sponsored Links
Agh ok thanks for you help. Is it easy to replace this battery myself? The only problem would be getting it into engineer mode before taking off the cover as this was already in the house when we moved in and only got the user code.

You don't need it ... open lid ... internal sounder rings ... enter code ...it stops .... change battery ....turn off mains ...if all seems ok put fuse back on , box up and press reset on keypad ....set alarm and test

Popped the front off when I got home tonight and the problem with the battery was pretty obvious....

214trgz.jpg

There isnt one!

I presume I can buy one and install it without making any wiring changes from what you can see in the pic?

I just laughed as soon as I opened it, God knows why they never fitted a battery.

I will have a look for one and get it fitted. Is it just, mains power off, connect the two cables to the battery terminals and power back on and good to go?

IMG_1629.PNG This battery ( if you need one quick ) otherwise a yuasa or powersonic
Don't go on the picture ....the physical size is correct

Thanks mate, I will look to order a powersonic or yuasa online the same size as that screwfix one.

Thanks again!

Hi mate switched put the new battery in tonight and the alarm sounded entered code and it stopped but spanner light is on now and pressing the code does nothing. Any ideas?

It's in tamper mode and the keypad has locked out. Make sure you've closed the panel up correctly and made sure you haven't dislodged any of the tamper wires.

Thanks mate, reseated the front and its all working again now and battery works. Thanks to all for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back