ADE Honeywell Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All
I am thinking of buyin the ADE Honeywell hard wired accenta G4 alarm for my home
it has 8 zones and has a seperate back plane that can be hidden out of the way.
my question is can this (or another alarm that is hardwired) be enabled and disabled remotely vvia the telephone/mobile

i see that the infinate prime can have remote access and listening function so the alarm can be activated by the pstn module

is there a hardwired system that will allow this too?
i see that the G4 has a speech dialer but not remote control?
Any help please

Sponsored Links
What is the reason for remote access and control?
Sounds a silly question, but it is not.

What are you looking for, what do you want a system to do?
A few random questions are not enough to give a specific answer.

Hi thanks for the reply.
What I wanted to be able to do is be allerted when the system goes off then I can view my remote cctv.
If its a false alarm I could deactivate.m
Also if I forgot to set it I could do it remotly.
Thanks

fit a premier with a gsm elite module you will receive text alarm messages and be able to set, unset, reset, switch on outputs, and get a status on your alarm panel via text

Sponsored Links
And text messages and that way of control have been exposed as inadequate.
As the messages sometimes do not get sent/received.

With remote IP, not text you could see the activation as it could be used to trigger the DVR anyway.
There would be no need to disarm.

Again what is the full potential you wish to achieve?

Hi there
I want to be able to have a rkp by m front and back door
PIR's and door sensors downstairs
I would like to be able to have the downstairs armed at night and the whole house when I'm out.
I would also like to be able to enable chime on my back door when I am home alone in case I don't hear someone walk in.
I would like the system to be able to alert me by phone call if the alarm has been triggered and then. I can log in and view the CCTV via the web ( not purchased yet).
Maybe a rkp in my bedroom So I can use it for panic button and setting the system downstairs when I'm in bed.
I would like a blank end panel in my house so I don't need a huge box by the door.
The remote set unset and communication with the house is a nice to have but not super. Important.

Thanks

texecom premier. been using the remote text function for last 6 years not had a missed text yet, even when we were away in morrocco .

texecom premier. been using the remote text function for last 6 years not had a missed text yet, even when we were away in Morocco .

Texting is and always will be an inadequate form of communication. It is well documented on all professional security forums. A speech dialer is the most basic that any would use for peace of mind.

One company actually uses their own center number and updates itself when needed. That is Castle.
Not to all peoples taste, but there you go.

It is wrong to say such a medium is 100% reliable, that only comes with Redcare and other high end signaling systems.

A text is not, and certainly not to be relied upon.

when you use a com gsm it does not use a contact centre it is generated via the com module sim card same as making a phone (speech dailer) call it can also do ip via gprs ( data number sim card required) so it works on the same lines as dual comm. infact this is the module texecom was going to use with dual comm inside on the premier..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back