ADE / Honeywell Simple set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I installed a Honeywell alarm around 5 years ago and included a simple set fob reader (rf id). This has recently ceased to function which is a real shame and it seems to be discontinued :( I have a limited knowledge of alarm systems but I would love ti know if there a similar compatible reader out there?

Sponsored Links
Pyronix / castle euromini is the cheapest panel with prox that I know of around £55 plus vat .....and much better than the optima/ accenta of today !

cheers mate, would that mean replacing the rkp and the entire panel or just the rkp?

all of , have you checked the internet for a simple set reader ? What's wrong with it ?
IMG_1500.PNG

Sponsored Links
yeah searched high and low buddy, found that site but when you try and checkout it says they don't have any stock :(

What about the external sounder, PIR's etc - would they be compatible?

Yes .... it's just a ...swop over ....what's not working on the simple set ? Is the power or day light on ?

power light on mate, it just doesn't read the tags anymore.

Have you tried powering the simple set unit down ?

No I haven't actually, I guess I would need to disconnect power from the panel because a power off would just kick on the backup battery right? Or just open the reader and disconnect in there might be easier i guess.

Have you tried relearning the keyfobs.

Worth a try I suppose bud, it was working one day then the next time I tried to disarm it wouldn't.

Sorry if I've missed it, but do you have a seperate prox reader, or is it built into the panel - I think it's a seperate reader you have. I couldn't find it for the panel, but the blue text was a link for the seperate prox reader instructions, so you'd normlly need to put the panel into engineering mode, and than take the back off of the prox reader to set the jumper.

In case anyone comes here with similar issues (there are a lot of these readers out there after all) my experience is that every so often the device 'locks up'. That is to say, it looks 'alive' as far as the LEDs go but it is both unresponsive to fobs or to status changes (i.e.day mode on/off).
As the alarm panel remains powered up all the time, I suppose one could expect this in time.
It is a bit inconvenient when you come home to disarm the panel and there is no response! All that is required is to remove the power to the reader for a few seconds. I fitted a small push-to-break switch underneath that does this. I 'reset' it this way every few weeks and have never had a problem since.
Maybe this is why an otherwise successful device was discontinued by Honeywell??

ADE Honeywell Simple Set SS/01 key fob proximity reader

Last edited:
In case anyone comes here with similar issues (there are a lot of these readwers out there after all) my experience is that after a period of time the device 'locks up'. That is to say, it looks 'alive' as far as the LEDs go but it is both unresponsive to fobs or to status changes (i.e.day mode on/off).
As the alarm panel remains powered up all the time, I suppose one could expect this in time.
It is a bit inconvenient when you come home to disarm the panel and there is no response! All that is required is to remove the power to the reader for a few seconds. I fitted a small push-to-break switch underneath that does this. I 'reset' it this way every few weeks and have never had a problem since.
Maybe this is why an otherwise successful device was discontinued by Honeywell??

ADE Honeywell Simple Set SS/01 key fob proximity reader

Great idea with the reset button. It has crashed a couple of times since but not for a while. It's a shame they are not made anymore. Mine has gone beige instead of the original white :( lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back