ademco galaxy 16 plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I have the above alarm and wanted to know if you could help let me know how to wire in the magnet contacts to the board?

I have the magnets, they have 3 wires out of each

Red = Switch
Blue = tamper
Black = common

which wires go to what?

i have just two magnets to play with for now

Sponsored Links
What magnets are they ? Either buy pre resistored 1k 1k contacts or twist two 1k resistors together one leg under the contact screw with your wire, the twisted pair under the other contact screw , and the the other leg with your other wire under any of the brass on contact screws, the other end of the cable wires into zone 1

CQR Maximal SC513 Intruder Alarm Surface Contact, Operational Gap = 20mm Maximum.

This product is suitable for use with systems designed to comply with PD6662 at grade 3 and environmental class 2

Suitable for use in EN50131 Security Grade 3 systems

1k - 1k Internally fitted resistors to be installed with Honeywell Galaxy panels and security systems using 1k - 1k configuration

Wiring configuration Red and Blue cores 900k Normal 1500k Open
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As above red and blue ! :D

Sponsored Links
CQR Maximal SC513 Intruder Alarm Surface Contact, Operational Gap = 20mm Maximum.

This product is suitable for use with systems designed to comply with PD6662 at grade 3 and environmental class 2

Suitable for use in EN50131 Security Grade 3 systems

1k - 1k Internally fitted resistors to be installed with Honeywell Galaxy panels and security systems using 1k - 1k configuration

Wiring configuration Red and Blue cores 900k Normal 1500k Open
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As above red and blue ! :D

so black is not used?

Don't look like it , get a multimeter across red and blue , it will be 2k open 1k closed with magnet at side of contact
Why did you buy grade 3 contacts ? As the 16+ won't support them

i didnt know what to buy lol, i seen galaxy so i had those

ok so just using red and blue, i have 2 magnets so 4 wires

but there are only 3 holes, does that mean the blue share a hole?

you can see what i mean on my 1st pic

2 zones 1 common so yes , most panels use this to save space ,don't matter what the colours are .

will go play, let you know tomorrow

thanks for the help

PS

There is no such thing as a DiY Grade 3 alarm system, it's Grade 1 (DiY)

ok had a play, and yes looks like that part is now working

I wired the two magnets in like this

which is now using slots 1 and 2 which appears to be correct

Just need to work out how to program it now, i will use all 8 zones with nothing but magnets, zone 1 i will set as my exit & entry, do i set all the others as intruder?

cheers

If that's what you want them to be ! 😃 I think you might find that the entry is classed as final exit on a galaxy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back