Surface contacts/PA wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to wire a magnetic surface contact to my texecom 24 alarm system and needed some advice since the packaging was lacking instructions.

The contact has 6 connections from which I guess are:

3-4: the inner two are the tamper connections

2-5: the next outer two are wired together which is effectively the alarm connection (trigger to the magnetic connection).

1-6: wiring through.

I've connected the PIR's using EOL, therefore was planning to follow the exact wiring but for the surface contacts is this correct?

Also the PA switch is very similar so guessing that would be the same?

[/b]

Sponsored Links
The silver screws are at each end of the contact and the brass screws are for anything else. Look in the Alarm Sticky for pictures...

The centre two ( 3 and 4 ) are the tamper. The brass springs are pressed together when screwed to the wall.

The next two ( 2 and 5 ) are the contact ( which is inside the glass tube )

1 and 6 are spares for wiring resistors if needed

Sponsored Links
The centre two ( 3 and 4 ) are the tamper. The brass springs are pressed together when screwed to the wall.

The next two ( 2 and 5 ) are the contact ( which is inside the glass tube )

1 and 6 are spares for wiring resistors if needed

Thanks, as mentioned I've used EOL for my PIR's would you recommend EOL for the surface contact?

It's a good old SC570 heavy duty door contact!

Yes, wire it the same way as the PIRs.

Put your tamper resistor between 1 and 2, the alarm resistor between 2 and 5 and the zone connections to 1 and 5. I suggest that you try and put the wires under the ring terminals as they're less likely to turn and pull on the resistors when you tighten them. Don't use the tinned brass tamper strips as they have a tendancy to corrode and cause false tampers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back