Adhesive and screws for picnic bench

Sponsored Links
IIRC the Sadolin is oil based, so should be fine to apply immediately provided the wood is dry and has been lightly sanded (that is what I did on mine).

Blup

I built our shed with Spax stainless torx screws, they're excellent.

what size of screw do you recommend for screwing the 4x2's to the 6x2's please? I am conscious that they aren't actually 2 inches wide and that the impact driver is likely to push the screw slightly deeper into the timber. Of course, I don't want it to pop out of the top of the table. 5x70mm perhaps?

Also, with these screws and the treated timber, do you recommend pilot holes?

Sponsored Links
about 80-90mm long

Can I clarify this please. The timbers are 47mm wide and there are two pieces that need to be bolted together. Does the length of these bolts need to be longer than suggested above?

those are not machine threaded so used as woodscrews so would need to be 75mm
or 100mm 1 or 2 washers and a normal nut if you use machine thread

aah yes. Sorry I remember you saying that.
With the coach bolts that I plan to use, would 100mm not be too short? I've got 2x47mm timbers that it will be going through and I then need space for a washer and nut? Apologies if I am missing something obvious.

100mm would be too short - go for 120mm and be prepared to grind/hacksaw off the excess

Thanks for all your help and this is what I managed to produce last weekend :)

Attachments

• 20190324_122834095_iOS.jpg
    20190324_122834095_iOS.jpg
    558.4 KB · Views: 192
looks good bet your pleased (y) -----------
-------------and weighs a ton so at least you can sit on one side without it tipping :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back