Adhesive for a laminate strip.......??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning All,

Recently purchased property that has been redecorated throughout although we have kept the laminate floor (Pergo) in one room....I have removed the original Skirting board though as new CH pipes have been fitted and hidden at the base of the wall.

I now have a gap of around 25mm between the flooring on three walls (2 x ends, 1x length) and have some Quick Step skirting that is a close, complementary colour match to fit but it's only 14mm wide !

Initial plan was to either put skirting on the wall and cover the gap with matching Scotia or run a 10mm+ stripwood on the wall to fix the skirting to.

There was however a pack of the original flooring left in the loft so I have a few spare lengths to potentially play with – am now thinking of cutting some 15mm strips and and glueing these to reduce the gap and the skirting can then go straight on the wall and sit on this strip – it is a 9mm thick laminate so a reasonable “face” for adhesive but just wondering what might be the best adhesive to use ?

I've found “Evo Sticks Like Sh*t” quite effective and they do a clear version but wonder if there is anything that might be a “Super Glue” type product suitable for laminate ?

MTIA,

Rgds
Freddy

Attachments

• Floor.jpg
    Floor.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 130
Sponsored Links
Two part super glue may work, masking tape to top of additional piece to prevent it contaminating the top and hold it inline with until stuck together.May have a problem keeping it inline since it should be on an underlay which will 'give'.

Is there enough spare to maybe try and nudge the entire floor across and fill in one side only?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back