Gap between skirting and laminate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but i thought you guys come across this often rather than posting in another section.

I have ripped out and put down some new skirting. This has left a couple of small thin gaps between skirting and laminate. Before we had beading and the laminate was laid to old skirting. I dont want beading now as it looks much better without. However a few gaps remain....I must add only in hidden place. Behind tv cabinet, behind couch which is against the wall, and under a radiator which is in the corner and mostly covered by an open door.

I bought some brown silicone but its way to brown to match the laminate. Are there any other options. I could try a light brown or i was thinking of caulking it and painting it getting a more accurate match to the laminate. Is this really an option.?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
dont fill it or you may prevent expansion assuming your talking floating

and the gaps are likely due to the weight compressing the underlay ;)

dont fill it or you may prevent expansion assuming your talking floating

and the gaps are likely due to the weight compressing the underlay ;)

The laminate was laid to the old skirting giving a 10mm expansion gap, then covered in beading. The old has come off giving an expansion gap of 10mm plus thickness of old skirting. New skirting has been put on sitting on the laminate as it is width is thicker than the old. There is plenty of room for expansion but just in a couple of places the 18mm thick skirting does not quite cover the gap. Even if i fill, im looking at a max 3mm thickness. There will still be 18mm expansion gap under the skirting as its sitting on the laminate so to speak and screwed to the wall.

Sponsored Links
You should have asked here before starting, you needed wider skirting is you are not to replace trim. There are colour matched sealant for laminate but not suitable for your problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back