Adhesive for ceramic and aluminium stair protector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm looking for a strong adhesive for sticking an L shaped aluminium step protector on tiles, I need it to be really strong bond as it's on a step and I don't want it to come off when people go over the steps. Someone suggested CT1 which is quite expensive, are there any other suitable products that doesn't cost so much?

Sponsored Links
I know of several alternatives. They are all more expensive than CT1. One problem you have with trying a glue bond only onto ceramics is that there is still going to be the possibility of debonding (different co-efficients of expansion between the materials you are bonding being just one reason). That is why, in commercial/high traffic situations, a mechanical fixing (e.g. plugs and screws) is often preferable

Last edited by a moderator:
I know of several alternatives. They are all more expensive than CT1. One problem you have with trying a glue bond only onto ceramics is that there is still going to be the possibility of debonding (different co-efficients of expansion between the materials you are bonding being just one reason). That is why, in commercial/high traffic situations, a mechanical fixing (e.g. plugs and screws) is often preferable
I wanted to avoid screwing holes into the tiles but it seems that it's probably the best option, it'll also cost a lot less.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back