Adhesive / grout and trim advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some advice please.....

i am doing some tiling in the kitchen and the bathroom. I have ordered some Zanzibar 10x10cm wavy edge tiles for the kitchen in the lighter (beige and white) colours. For the bathroom, some Grespania Galaca 40x25cm in the light blanco colour. Bother ceramic tiles. All areas have already got tiles on and are well stuck. I am going to remove some tiles, but am planning to tile over some as well (I know...). It's about 6 metre area in bathroom and same in the kitchen.

Adhesive
What adhesive is best and approx how much? Hopefully I can use one large bag for both areas?

Grout
same as above really? I am thinking white is best for both rooms?

Trims
Homelux ones ok? I would prefer these as they seem easily available. I have B&Q, homebase, topps tiles very easily accessible and I think they stock this stuff? My wife thinks cream colour for the kitchen to match the beige colours and white for the bathroom. Do Topps sell all the different sizes and corner pieces etc?

any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You will need a cement based adhesive..I.e...flexiable bagged addy..

Weber/ardex/mapei/bal/granfix ect....

You will get a max 4-5m2 out a bag with halfmoon serator...

You will need to prep and prime the wall tiles first....

Then you will need to consider...will the existing wall take the extra weight per m2 your adding on to it!!!!!...... Your call?

Thanks. I know about tile on tile and the things to consider.

I am thinking now Mapei Keraflex (or keraquick?) and Ultracolour?

Mainly so I can order cheaply online, but have access to it locally if I need more than I buy.

Thoughts on that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back