adjoining garage - gutter query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a 1930's semi, with side garage which is joined with the neighbours garage. Both our garages have felt roofs (lean to) and behind the garge we both also have polycarbonate roofing.

Now I want to remove my entire roof, and replace it with a tiled one so it can be insulated and I can sort out the gutter, which Ive have problems with before.

What would be the best type of gutter to fit in this instance? The neighbours want to keep their roof as it is. Total length is around 10meters

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Won't your new gutter and eaves be overhanging the party wall? How does your neighbour feel about that? Even if he's happy now sometimes the issue can rear its ugly head should one of you move.

Won't your new gutter and eaves be overhanging the party wall? How does your neighbour feel about that? Even if he's happy now sometimes the issue can rear its ugly head should one of you move.

No it won’t overhang the party wall.

The current gutter (squareline) sits on the middle of the party wall. There is already a wall plate which the glazing bars are fixed on it. When removing these, I will ensure the rafters are cut and fixed to the wall plate in place. That way I will not hang any further over.

I have a roofer coming over tomorrow to price the job, so will also ask him what the best solution would be. I will try and take some pictures tomorrow of it, as it may help to explain.

Before I start I will consult my neighbour and let him know exactly what I will be doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back