1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjusting height on composite door

Discussion in 'Windows and Doors' started by AndJ, 28 Jun 2021.

1. AndJ

AndJ

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Morning all,
    Trying to adjust the height on a composite door - but confused by the hinge types .. what are these called ? How does one adjust ? The pin that you can see protruding is round.

I've tried see if the white bits are covers, and will remove, but to no avail - but I could just be not giving it enough ..

Suggestions ? If anyone can tell me what this type of hinge is called I can try and google :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: 28 Jun 2021
  2. Sponsored Links
  3. ronniecabers

ronniecabers

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thats a Butt Hinge , and I don't think that type are adjustable, would need more pictures of the hinge , with door open and from differnet angles . Also not convinced from your picture that it is a composite door , looks more like a UPVC door . Composite doors should sit flush in the frame , none of the opening sash protruding over the outerframe

4. AndJ

AndJ

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ahh.. every day is a school day.. I had thought all UPVC doors were composite.. I'll stick with the IT.

Looking at most butt hinges they either have an Allen key recess or they are hex for a socket.. but mine are round.. and not rounded off either.. so maybe your right in that they are not adjustable?

However there are 4 hinges and each has the central pin differing lengths protruding from the hinge itself.

I'll get some more pics.. thanks for taking the time to reply @ronniecabers