Adjusting height on composite door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,
Trying to adjust the height on a composite door - but confused by the hinge types .. what are these called ? How does one adjust ? The pin that you can see protruding is round.

I've tried see if the white bits are covers, and will remove, but to no avail - but I could just be not giving it enough ..

Suggestions ? If anyone can tell me what this type of hinge is called I can try and google :)

Attachments

• 20210628_081301.jpeg
    20210628_081301.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thats a Butt Hinge , and I don't think that type are adjustable, would need more pictures of the hinge , with door open and from differnet angles . Also not convinced from your picture that it is a composite door , looks more like a UPVC door . Composite doors should sit flush in the frame , none of the opening sash protruding over the outerframe

Ahh.. every day is a school day.. I had thought all UPVC doors were composite.. I'll stick with the IT.

Looking at most butt hinges they either have an Allen key recess or they are hex for a socket.. but mine are round.. and not rounded off either.. so maybe your right in that they are not adjustable?

However there are 4 hinges and each has the central pin differing lengths protruding from the hinge itself.

I'll get some more pics.. thanks for taking the time to reply @ronniecabers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back