Admiral Washer & Dryer

Sponsored Links
choice is yours. but being as they are built by maytag we know nothing about them except they seem to go wrong a lot

I would suggest you consider a Miele as you are likely to find better service availability.

Thanks for your comments. I'm looking for a toploader with a large capacity. Can you recommend any in particular?

Sponsored Links
top loaders by design are a pain, but from your POV you can add stuff mid wash. how ever they do use a lot of water (15 gallons, i think, just to fill) expensive to get and uness you get gtee dont botheer.

only one i know of is from hotpoint

We have exactly this machine. Its about 5 years old now, has had heavy domestic use and has never gone wrong. My wife loves it, says its the best thing I've ever bought her.

At double the usual front loader capacity clothes wise, you'll wonder what you did without one! A bit noisy though but we keep it in a utilty room so not too bad.

A right pain trying to view a new one on display, I don't think UK marketing and distributing is the manufacturers strongest point.

I see you show a link to a tumble drier! We've got that one as well. Again, totally brilliant but they have to be hard wired (is that the right term?) with their own cooker type loading supply plus they need proper venting through an outside wall. Again, drys 2 x normal washing machine loads at once. We couldn't live without it or the washer!!!!

matz, thanks for your response. Have you had any problems with them in the 5 years?

I've seen them on display in our local appliance shop, that's where I first heard of them. They're going in a utility room which is currently being built so all the electrics, plumbing & venting can go in at the same time.

also, how do you find the tumbling, does it work alright? I've read in places that it doesn't tumble well.

Nope, no problems like I said.

The tumble drier works fine.

Don't know how much you're paying but we bought the two as a package for just under £1000.

Perhaps if they DO go wrong, it will be proved how much of a good buy they are not. Thing is, at already about 5 years old, we've had great value from them already. Also, as they have double the capacity of normal domestic front loaders, they will be used 50% less, so less wear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back