ADT alarm reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My client recently moved into a new home. His ADT alarm is rather flaky.

When I exit I have to have the front door closed. After I press the whole house zone button and present the fob it will either make one beeping noise or say that it will set in 60 seconds and then make different beeps.

On entry I present the fob to the lcd, sometimes the alarm will trip as soon as I do that, other times it wont.

Today I turned up and the alarm made no noise so I assumed that the client had forgotten to put it on. I discovered later that it had gone off minutes after he left for work and had seemingly reset itself to a disarmed state.

Is it normal for alarms to reset to an off state, is it a legal requirement? Surely a burglar need only bang on a window to trip the circuit and then wait 20 minutes for it to turn itself off...

The engineer had already been booked to turn up tomorrow. I guess that I will be left a list of questions to give him from the client, I 'd just like to know if he feeds me BS about reset protocols.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like its not behaving correctly.
Sticky or faulty door contact is my first guess with the setting issues.
It may have rearmed but we dont know if it even set.

Reset protocols have nothing to do with this.

There is from the sound of it a faulty door contact, if there is even one fitted.

Thanks alarm

There is a visible door contact, surface mounted,

On the occasions that it trips it seems to be shortly after people leave the house.

I shall pass your suggestion on.

In short you are confirming that a single tripped zone should revert back to a full reset rather than disarm?

tnx

Sponsored Links
It will never go to disarmed after an activation. It will rearm according to how it is programed.
But disarm, never.

Again this points to a faulty contact and or programing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back