scantronic 8361 Reset - ADT Clowns

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an scantronic 8361 which ADT were monitoring.

In september last year we stopped the monitoring after about five years with them as we never had one call out.

I know the user code and the system is disarmed but it is asking for an engineer code which ADT wont give me

The manual says I can reset the system by pressing "RST" on the pins on the PCB - Problem is I could not find that

ADT will not reset the system even if I pay them without me joining a 16.95 bells only package which I think is madness

Can anyone confirm how I can reset and whether it is straightforward to reset?

If not any alarm people in London you can suggest?

Sponsored Links
I guess that you mean an 8136. I love them but they can be a bugger to program if you don't know what you're doing.

There are two little pins 0.1" apart, marked RST. Short those together with a screwdriver and power the system up (either by applying the mains or shorting the kickstart pins with the battery connected).

The default engineers code is 07890.

I guess that you mean an 8136. I love them but they can be a b*****r to program if you don't know what you're doing.

There are two little pins 0.1" apart, marked RST. Short those together with a screwdriver and power the system up (either by applying the mains or shorting the kickstart pins with the battery connected).

The default engineers code is 07890.

thanks - would you believe adt want me to upgrade this panel at a cost of 800 and pay 16.95 a month for bells only

can i ask where is the rst pins exactly - At the back of the panel or do I need to take the back plate of the panel off

Also if I reset the system will I have to re enter the zones and my user code?

Sponsored Links
8136 other wise known as Mosiac,
also known to alot of pro engineers as a pain in the arse!
not one of scantronics better panels.

yep you will have to re program all attributes that you need,
including zone (circuit) information

personally, if you want to, get a local firm out to replace the panel and if needed, all of the detectors, this will prevent any problems later on.

even if you have had no false alarms etc from your system, we would, like others, remove the offending panel and install new modern equipemnt, (Galaxy would be our type of panel to fit, as its, we have found, the most robust kit out there,)

but its down to you to decide, but be aware, there wount be many firms that will entertain working on such old (and as we all know, dodgy kit).

yep i have worked on loads of Mosaics, as Wilkinsons had loads fitted, but they have all been changed to Galaxy panels, as spares are no longer available.

yep we also work in London, Home Counties, Wales, Midlands and all other parts of the country!

Oasis

If I remember correctly, the RST pins are pretty much in the middle of the main circuit board in the metal box ("the panel"). Undo the three screws and pull the cover towards you. This will generate a tamper and loads of noise! Type your code into the keypad to shut it up.

Look for the pair of pins marked RST. BEWARE OF MAINS VOLTAGES IN THE PANEL ON THE CHOC BLOCK FUSE HOLDER AND TO THE TRANSFORMER... Once you have located them:

Disconnect the mains (via the choc block fuse holder (pull the black tab) or the fused spur outside the panel) and one of the battery terminals. At this point, the bell outside will sound and you can't stop it.

Place a small screwdriver blade or a jumper link between the RST pins to connect them together, re-apply the battery terminal and mains and remove the screwdriver three seconds later.

The bell outside will stop and the internal sounder will start. Enter the default user code 1234 to stop it.

Put the lid back on, making sure that the sides are inside the top and bottom side flaps, and refit the screws. The user code is now 1234 and the engineers code is 07890. All other programming should remain unchanged. You'll need to reset the alarm and update time and date (code, menu, 6). You should also change your User 1 code from 1234 to something else (1234, menu, 8, enter...).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back