ADT Galaxy G2-20 siren not working.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon,

We had an ADT alarm system installed back in 2008 and had the £40 per month subscription direct with ADT, we cancelled the subscription after a few years later due to me not working nights anymore.

The engineer who came out was highly critical of the fact we cancelled it and decided to disconnected the entire system, not just the telephone line, but I connected it back together so it was partially working again.

The issue I have now is that the siren doesn't seem to be working, it sets, goes off when you walk into the room or open the front door, but the system just continues to beep rather than the previous times when you had 20 seconds and then the full siren went off.

I'm thinking the engineer has disconnected this or changed the settings in some way, I will attach pictures of the system as I've just changed the battery and had the box open.

Any help will be appreciated, @GalaxyGuy I've read you could be the go to guy for this

Sponsored Links
ADT sometimes program a different output for the siren than the default settings on older Galaxy panels, so it's worth posting a pic of the panel PCB wires and we can advise from there. It does sound like he perhaps defaulted the panel, but it will be easy enough to take you through the settings you need to change to get it back to a working state.

ADT sometimes program a different output for the siren than the default settings on older Galaxy panels, so it's worth posting a pic of the panel PCB wires and we can advise from there. It does sound like he perhaps defaulted the panel, but it will be easy enough to take you through the settings you need to change to get it back to a working state.

For some reason it won't let me upload the pictures I took mate, ill try and figure it out and post it

Yes, the forum is poor for that. I end up having to add to a gallery which is sloooow. You can PM me and start an email thread if it's easier.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back