Advance Appliances indirect thermal store - plumbers & users experience please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering replacing my Gledhill Boilermate 2 FE180 thermal store with another thermal store & am considering the Advanced Appliances indirect thermal store (probably the TSi 170 model).

I would be interested to hear from any plumbers who have installed or repaired them. How easy is it for a local plumber to access & replace parts? Basically, I want a thermal store where the components are easily accessible by someone with common plumbing & electrical knowledge in the event that if it does develop a fault it can be easily fixed. One of the manufactures claims is that its simple technology - no PCB (which I know can be very expensive to replace on current generation of Gledhill thermal stores).

Also, if any users out there have an Advanced Appliances thermal store I would be grateful for their opinion of it - good or bad.

The store will be heated indirectly by our Worcester Bosch Greenstar 18 Ri boiler. Which is 18 KW.

In case any plumber is wondering - I cant switch to an unvented cylinder such as a Megaflo as the discharge pipe would be very difficult to route to a place where the final point of discharge can be seen & comply with G3 regulations.

Thank you in advance.

Paul

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back