Advance appliances TSD140 Thermal Store Any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm looking at having an Advance Appliances TSD140 Thermal Store installed, to replace a faulty Gledhill Boilermate A Class.
Does anyone know if these Advance Appliances are reliable-I can find nothing, postive or negative about them on the internet.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I do have to say that most people when their thermal store fails after about 10-12 years have a normal combi fitted!

Tony

Thanks for that, but I don't think that's an option for me...I've a new property which has had no end of trouble with the Gledhill Boilermate, the developer is willing to replace the thermal store...I'm under the impression that there is no other alternative...apart from a Combi boiler but they're not keen to do that. Is there a third alternative?
Many thanks

Thanks for that, but I don't think that's an option for me...I've a new property which has had no end of trouble with the Gledhill Boilermate, the developer is willing to replace the thermal store...I'm under the impression that there is no other alternative...apart from a Combi boiler but they're not keen to do that. Is there a third alternative?
Many thanks

The Advanced is good quality. It is stainless steel, the Gledhills are not. Go for it.

Sponsored Links
Be aware that BigBurner advocates thermal stores and would usually recommend Gledhills.

When they prematurely fail he keeps quiet! I wonder why!

He is not qualified to fit boilers or unvented cylinders and in fact has never fitted anything at all as he looks down on those who can.

Be aware that BigBurner advocates thermal stores and would usually recommend Gledhills.

Keep changing the pumps, that is all you are fit for. A few month CORGI man and they know it all.

The OP, Gledhills are good. The odd one may fail as all products do. The failures are usually poor installation and neglect.

The Advanced is good. Take no notice of poorly educated boiler thermocouple changers.

If you want to take the advice of someone who is incompetent, unqualified and has never fitted a boiler or unvented cylinder in his life, then go ahead.

All his information is obtained from brochures and the internet, where in both mediums, manufacturers are always going to paint their products in a good light. Just search his previous, outrageous posts on here and then see for yourself. The only posters that appear to agree with him are those that are him using a different 'alias' and talking to himself

You are still the laughing stock of this forum :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thermal stores (IMO) are not the way to go. Gledhills are especially well known for being unreliable. The other problem with Gledhills is that not many plumbers are familiar with them so when they brakedown no one knows how to fix them. The builders that fit them do so because they are the cheapest option. Personally i would fit a vented cylinder and boiler. Unvented cylenders are dangerous if not serviced regularly and in England people have a tendancy not to service their boilers and systems. Combi boilers are not as reliable as system boilers.

Thermal stores (IMO) are not the way to go. Gledhills are especially well known for being unreliable.

Gledhills are very reliable if fitted properly and looked after.

The other problem with Gledhills is that not many plumbers are familiar with them so when they brakedown no one knows how to fix them.

Gledhill have agents

The builders that fit them do so because they are the cheapest option.

Gledhill are not cheap.

Personally i would fit a vented cylinder and boiler. Unvented cylenders are dangerous if not serviced regularly and in England people have a tendancy not to service their boilers and systems. Combi boilers are not as reliable as system boilers.

So do not fit potential bombs like unvented cylinders which require a £100 service each year.

Quality combi boilers with a maganclean filter are very reliable. Look at an Atmos or Atag.

Thermal storage/heat bank is the way to go. You must understand the befits of such systems.

As far as I'm concerned the only thing a thermal store is good for is storing up buckets of magnetite sludge. My first choice would be unvented followed by a good combi.

Unvented don't cost £100 a year to service and if installed properly are not potential bombs. Lack of maintenance will see component failure and nuisance discharge/wastage of water.

As far as I'm concerned the only thing a thermal store is good for is storing up buckets of magnetite sludge.

You obviously know sweet nothing about thermals storage. Ever heard of a Magnaclean?

Unvented don't cost £100 a year to service and if installed properly are not potential bombs. Lack of maintenance will see component failure and nuisance discharge/wastage of water.

Unvented cylinders do cost around £100 per year to service. They do not service them for nothing. Everyone of them is a potential bomb. Lack of maintenance will increase the risk of explosion. Waiting until these unvented cylinders have been in service for over

Best avoid them when superior alternatives are around like high flow combis and thermal stores/heat banks.

Unvented cylinders do cost around £100 per year to service. They do not service them for nothing. Everyone of them is a potential bomb.

No they don't drivel, you live in a cyber dream world. You forum laughing stock :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Unvented cylinders do cost around £100 per year to service. They do not service them for nothing. Everyone of them is a potential bomb.

No they don't drivel,

They do drivel and bribble when the expansion vessel fails which is more common that what people think.

Best avoided as the cowboys charge £100 to service them each year. A waste of expensive, complicated, explosive time.

OP do not go for a Vaillant or Worcester because the control system is out of date.

Get a Broag 39c fitted with the outside sensor.

Have a Magnaclean on the return to the boiler.

You will not look back.
:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back