adverts.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Watched a bit of sky telly this morning with my 2 kids,cartoon network,adverts included,debt consolidation/endowment shortfall/loans/more loans etc....... :eek: thought it would be more suitable to watch gmtv instead but the advert was.....frubes...RIP THEIR HEADS OFF AND SUCK THEIR GUTS OUT..LOVELY :eek:

Sponsored Links
Does anyone remember about ten years ago, and there was an advert on for Neutralia Garnier or something, that actually showed a (whisper it) Lady's Breast. It was on late, so normally after drinking, but I'm sure it definitely existed.

Everyone else says I'm making it up.

I think those debt adverts are as disgusting as the house repossession adverts advertising cheap houses, all plying their trade on the misery of others.

Mr T

QUOTE:

Often, these mannequins are dismembered in adverts showing the parts of the body that are in need of change or improvement. An example of this is in the Neutralia shower gel advert where a young blonde woman is portrayed running along a deserted beach naked representing the 'naturalness' of the product, and then different parts of her body are shown at a time, being washed. The woman has an expression of pleasure on her face as if she knows that this product will bring out her natural beauty. She is made to look somewhat virginal, with little obvious make-up, blonde hair, blue eyes and in a state of nudity, but seemingly unaware of it , like Eve, before she took the apple. This advert emphasises the naturalness of the product and the woman, and implicitly reinforces the 'naturalness' of a woman being a virgin, which is very much a part of the dominant ideology, but does not apply to men.

From here: http://www.aber.ac.uk/media/Students/hzi9401.html

Sponsored Links
kendor said:
I think those debt adverts are as disgusting as the house repossession adverts advertising cheap houses, all plying their trade on the misery of others.
Here Hear....But who constantly raises the price of houses?? We`re all ****ting on our children :evil:

in debt, in trouble, here have a loan. pay off all your debts and have enough left over for a car and a holiday. Typical apr 7.9 %.....except you of course because your so desperate well stitch you up for 30%. Gee thanks for that advert carol vorderman, annoying little telephone and phil tuffnel.

Back