Advice about replacing a WC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I needed some advice on completing upgrading/replacing my WC. Picture is below.

View media item 74157
My questions are as follows:
1). The existing basin appears to be slightly different to modern basins. Do I have to use something like the existing or can I use any of the modern ones (as long as it is compact. The existing one's width is 13 cm. The smallest one I would find was 21cm).

View media item 74158
2). There appears to be a wooden box built in the toilet (picture below) to find pipes (I presume). Is there any standard boxes (like wainscoting etc.) that I can buy to achieve the same effect or do I need to go a carpenter to get one made? Is there any other option? How essential is it?

View media item 74159
Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
This washbasin looks very similar to the one you currently have, only in white:

Link - Twyford Parmis 500 Handrinse

From the look of the photograph, space in that room is tight so I'm guessing you don't want something that encroaches into the room too far.

The pipes to the washbasin and toilet have been boxed-in. Not necessary, just cosmetic. If you can't avoid damaging it to fit your new sanitary ware, you'll need to fit new panels to its wooden framework, or rebuild it to a new design.

Thank you for your help.

The link given does look very similar but I would like to know if I need to use the same one or can I go with a different style? I would like to install a one tap basin this time and don't want a double tap solution.

Also, from where would I get the paneling and wooden box for hiding the pipes?

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back