advice for Circular saw on flooring still down

S

snadge

I have to cut the last piece of flooring out, i have circular saw for the job (as advised on here) but a bit wary as ive never used a circular saw and worried about the actual introduction of the blade into the chipboard flooring

can anyone give me some "encouraging" tips?

thanks

Sponsored Links
hi

Im no professional, but if you've not used a circ saw before then I would advise not to try that sort of cut on your first go. They can be quite unforgiving if you get it wrong.

Have you seen those "floor" hand saws that have the teeth on a curved edge??

A jigsaw would always be a lot safer than a circular so long as it's not plunge cut you're required to do - CHECK FOR WIRES though!

Andy

done it - thanks

i used circular saw...

used grinders etc before but my first CS

Sponsored Links
done it - thanks

i used circular saw...

so your post was a waste of time, then.... :rolleyes:

no , but YOURS was a complete waste of effort - probably like your effort on site too....

i dunno how you arrive at that..? I asked for advice and went and used it... simple as...
- ive noticed a lot of users on this forum have nothing better to do than MOAN at other users advice instead of trying to be helpfull - strung out tradesmen with marriage problems that should be looking for a desk job... I use many forums and while this one is helpfull it does have a huge base of "moaners" - probably out-weighing the helpful posters....

"so your post was a waste of time then :rolleyes:" - the kettle calling the pot black :eek:

take your keys, go sit in the car , lock the door and have a word with yourself ...

agree with you totally snadge!!

I've posted a few times before and someone always gives some "smart" remark, but fails to actually answer the question.

Why even take the time to bother!!, unless you've nothing better to do!

and yes my punctuation is incorrect before anyone comments

done it - thanks

i used circular saw...

so your post was a waste of time, then.... :rolleyes:

no , but YOURS was a complete waste of effort - probably like your effort on site too....

i dunno how you arrive at that..? I asked for advice and went and used it... simple as...
- ive noticed a lot of users on this forum have nothing better to do than MOAN at other users advice instead of trying to be helpfull - strung out tradesmen with marriage problems that should be looking for a desk job... I use many forums and while this one is helpfull it does have a huge base of "moaners" - probably out-weighing the helpful posters....

"so your post was a waste of time then :rolleyes:" - the kettle calling the pot black :eek:

take your keys, go sit in the car , lock the door and have a word with yourself ...

No, you asked for advice and then ignored it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back